The Commission for Air Quality Management decided on Thursday to implement measures under Phase IV of the Graded Response Action Plan to address the deteriorating air quality in the Delhi NCR.
Below are the measures prescribed in phase IV.
1. Ban on four-wheel diesel motor vehicles in Delhi-NCR; BS-VI, essential and emergency vehicles exempt.
2. Entry ban for other than electric and CNG trucks in Delhi; those carrying essential goods are exempt.
3. Prohibition of construction and demolition work in linear public projects such as highways, viaducts, bridges, power transmission, pipelines in Delhi-NCR.
4. Closure of all industries not running on clean fuels on NCR order, even in areas that do not have PNG infrastructure and facilities, other than the fuels according to the standard list of approved fuels for NCR. However, industries such as milk and dairies and those involved in the production of life-saving medical equipment or devices, drugs and medicines will be exempted from these restrictions.
5. States decide on school closures, non-emergency commercial activities, even-even regulation for vehicles.
6. Central, state governments can decide to allow homeworking for their employees.
7. Ban on Delhi-registered medium and heavy diesel trucks in the capital. Those who transport essential goods and provide essential services are exempt.
Read all Latest India News here