You can hide your online status on WhatsApp. Know the simple steps here.
Over the years, WhatsApp has become an essential daily go-to app for connecting with your friends, family, and even colleagues. However, the WhatsApp status online is visible to all and it is difficult to disappear in secret. But you can’t! So if you sometimes want to have a secret conversation without letting other contacts know you’re online, there’s a lot you can do. Meta’s instant messaging app has built in all the necessary features that make it so useful. Previously, WhatsApp had introduced the ability to disable the “Last Seen” feature. It has enabled users to hide from some contacts or from everyone. And now, in the latest update, WhatsApp has rolled out a new option that allows you to hide your online status stamp from contacts. That means if you enable it, when WhatsApp users open the messaging app, they will not be able to see your online status. It is one of the highly anticipated features that users have been waiting for to experience on WhatsApp.
Last Seen’s previous option has now been updated to Last Seen & Online, which lets you see when your contacts last used WhatsApp, or if they’re online. WhatsApp says, “If a contact is online, they have WhatsApp in the foreground on their device and connected to the internet. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the contact has read your message.”
Are you waiting to change this important setting on your WhatsApp? You can now do it in simple steps. Just follow this step-by-step guide to know how to hide your WhatsApp status:
- First, open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Then go to the Settings section while tapping on three dots in the corner and click on settings.
- After that, tap Account and select Privacy.
- Here you will find the last seen and online
- Choose the suitable option from ‘Who can see my last seen’ from everyone, my contacts, my contacts except nobody.
- Now under “Who can see when I’m online,” tap “Same as last seen” or Everyone.