Last updated: 04 October 2022, 15:25 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the famous Kullu Dussehra celebrations during his visit to Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday, after inaugurating AIIMS, Bilaspur and laying the foundation stone for development projects worth more than Rs 3,650 crore. PM Modi will also address a public meeting in the voiced state.
Himachal Pradesh CM Jairam Thakur has said that the Prime Minister will witness the Rath Yatra at the International Kullu Dussehra Festival, which will be celebrated from October 5-11 at Dhalpur Ground in Kullu. The event is unique in that it is the congregation of worshipers of more than 300 deities of the valley, a statement said, adding that this is the prime minister’s first time participating in the celebrations.
With Dussehra in Kullu, the Prime Minister has perpetuated the tradition of celebrating festivals in symbolic and special locations, often outside the national capital.
- navratri: PM Modi took part in Navratri celebrations at the GMDC grounds in Ahmedabad this year during his visit to Gujarat, which is tied to the ballot box.
- Ganesh Chaturthi: In August 2022, the Prime Minister visited the residence of Union Minister Piyush Goyal to obtain Lord Ganesha’s blessings
- Raksha Bandhan: PM Modi marked this year’s festival with daughters of associates who bonded rakhis on his wrist
- bihu: In April 2022, Modi attended the Bihu celebrations at the residence of Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in New Delhi
- Parkash Purab: The Prime Minister attended Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji’s 400th Prakash Purab celebrations at the Red Fort in April this year
- Ravidas Jayanti: In February 2022, Prime Minister Modi visited a temple dedicated to Dalit icon Guru Ravidas in the Karol Bagh area of central Delhi and participated in the ‘Shabad Kirtan’
- Gurupurab: Last December, Prime Minister Modi attended Gurupurab celebrations at Gurudwara Lakhpat Sahib in Gujarat
- Diwali: In November 2020, Prime Minister Modi took part in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi
- Buddha Jayanti: In April 2018, PM Modi took part in the celebrations at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, in New Delhi
- Maha Shivratri: In February 2017, Prime Minister Modi visited Coimbatore and unveiled the 112-foot iconic statue of Adiyogi Lord Shiva
Read all Latest news India and Important news here