8.8 C
New York
Sunday, January 29, 2023

Buy now

Qatar removes COVID entry test requirement for World Cup fans | Football news

World Cup host Qatar has removed the requirement for visitors to obtain a negative COVID-19 test before departing for the Gulf Arab state, the health ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.
Qatar had previously told fans attending the World Cup to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test, regardless of their vaccination status, before departing by plane or at the border crossing.
Qatar expects an unprecedented 1.2 million visitors during the period from November 20 to December. 18 tournament.
Qatari residents are no longer allowed to take a COVID-19 test within 24 hours of returning to the country from abroad.
The health ministry also dropped the requirement that adults show their COVID-19 status on a government-operated smartphone contact-tracing app called Ehteraz before entering stadiums or other establishments such as shops and restaurants.
Visitors and residents are still required to show the application before entering a healthcare facility, the statement said.
Qatar is easing restrictions as “the number of COVID-19 cases around the world and in Qatar continues to fall, and the ongoing rollout of Qatar’s national COVID-19 vaccination program,” the statement said.
Last week, Qatar relaxed its mask rules and now only requires masks for people visiting healthcare facilities.
Qatar, which has a population of nearly 3 million, has recorded more than 440,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 692 deaths from the virus, according to data from the Ministry of Health.



Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
3,681FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles