5.5 C
New York
Sunday, December 4, 2022

Buy now

Kilmarnock 2 – 3 Livingston

Chris Stokes’ late own goal proved decisive as Livingston defeated Kilmarnock 3-2 in an entertaining match at Rugby Park.

The Kilmarnock defender failed to get his feet together when he deflected a cross from Cristian Montano into his own net to settle the game.

Joe Wright had scored two headers for the hosts, but the visitors tied the score twice, first through a long-range attack from Bruce Anderson and then a penalty from Sean Kelly to make it 2-2.

Both sides contributed to an open game, but it was Livi who came out on top with the own goal as they reached the top six while the hosts remained 10th.

Kilmarnock boss Derek McInnes had made two changes after his side’s defeat to St Johnstone last weekend, with Ryan Alebiosu and Liam Donnelly replacing Lewis Mayo and Kerr McInroy.

KILMARNOCK, SCOTLAND - NOVEMBER 04: Livingston players celebrate after scoring via an own goal from Chris Stokes during a cinch Premiership match between Kilmarnock and Livingston at Rugby Park, on November 4, 2022, in Kilmarnock, Scotland.  (Photo by Rob Casey / SNS Group)
Livingston came out on top in Rugby Park

Livingston manager David Martindale, meanwhile, chose to make three changes from their last game against Celtic, with Shamal George, Dylan Bahamboula and Anderson from the start.

Kilmarnock had gone cold on their last outing, but this time it was their turn to make the early break in just the fourth minute.

Daniel Armstrong swung into a corner from the right and defender Wright was in just the right place to send home a header from the six-yard box.

The away team seemed to react and Ayo Obileye had a clear opening in the 17th minute, but he was only narrowly headed when he was picked by a corner from Kelly.

KILMARNOCK, SCOTLAND - NOVEMBER 04: Livingston's Bruce Anderson celebrates scoring to make it 1-1 during a snap Premiership match between Kilmarnock and Livingston at Rugby Park, on November 4, 2022, in Kilmarnock, Scotland.  (Photo by Rob Casey / SNS Group)
Bruce Anderson of Livingston celebrates his goal against Kilmarnock

It turned out to be an open first half and Liam Donnelly nearly doubled the home side’s advantage just before half-time when he saw a shot from outside the box bounce off a post, before Livi came close in the 33rd minute when Jack Fitzwater’s long ball released Anderson, but he could only shoot straight at Hemming.

However, the Livingston attacker only had to wait six minutes for his next opportunity, and this time he seized it when he grabbed a pass from Steven Kelly before firing a precise low shot into the bottom right corner of the goal from 25 yards to bring the level visitors.

The hosts struck back almost immediately as Stokes’ header went off the crossbar while George was defeated.

Joe Wright (C) of Kilmarnock celebrates his goal and makes it 1-0 with his team-mates during a snap Premiership match between Kilmarnock and Livingston at Rugby Park
Joe Wright celebrates after giving Kilmarnock an early lead

That appeared to be the last move of half-time, but just before half-time there was still time for another opening and it was the Armstrong and Wright combination that once again made the difference, as Wright met the winger’s deep cross to make a ​​header over George and loop into the corner.

After an entertaining first half, the second period began similarly with Innes Cameron going on target on a Jackson Longridge error, but the defender recovered to block the striker’s shot.

Livingston was then routed back into the game on the hour when referee Colin awarded Steven a penalty after the header hit Bahamboula Stokes’ arm and Kelly sent the dot in correctly, sending Hemming coolly the wrong way to equalize. to make.

It was the away side who kept pushing forward and they were rewarded for their efforts in the 75th minute as they took the lead for the first time in the game.

The lively Anderson was once again involved, as he passed the ball through to substitute Montano whose dangerously low cross from the hapless Stokes landed in the net.

Kilmarnock pushed for the equalizer and Armstrong’s fended attempt nearly tied them in the last minute, but it drifted wide as Livingston watched the game to secure a costly away win.

What’s next?

Kilmarnock go to Dundee United on Wednesday at 7:45 PM to host Hibs on Saturday, November 12; kick off at 3 p.m.

Livingston welcome Aberdeen on Tuesday with kick-off at 7.45 pm and then they travel to hearts four days later, from 3 p.m.

Source link

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected


Latest Articles